Trip Report - Phuket
For all you readers, it's good to be back again. I can't believe that it's been more than a month since I last blogged. I think it's due to my work that I do not get to blog that much lately. But anyway, I had a good break during Christmas and it was seriously fun to go on a holiday. Imagine just taking leave for 4 days but having a fun time for 6 days. It's really awesome. Be prepared for a very long blog.
Before I tell you more about what happened on the first day, let me bring you back to the time when all she wanted for Christmas was to travel overseas. Ashley was very happy the night before and apparently, she was "too excited that she couldn't sleep." It was, her first time traveling overseas, after all. She had pestered a few times in the previous months saying that she would like to travel overseas, as she has never done that before. So I told her, "If you have gotten an international passport, we could go for a holiday." Next thing I knew was she went and did her international passport and told me that she is ready to go for a holiday overseas.
So, we planned a little and she said that she would like to go to Phuket for a short trip. So I said yes, and kept it kinda *hush hush* for a bit and checked out where we should stay and such, then checked on the prices for our air ticket. I hinted to her that going to Phuket would be fun and such, and you know what happened? She told me that she's been checking up on the accommodations, activities that we should try and do, and such.
So, I did one final check on the flight ticket prices and found that for Air Asia, they had this really low price flight ticket on the 26th for only RM 29.99, so I booked on that flight, then I kept searching throughout the dates till the end of the month. Other prices from the 27th till the 30th were at RM 199.99 and it was not what I would like, but if I do not have a choice, I would have to book that. So, as I checked the 31st of December, I found that it was at the same low price of RM 29.99. Imagine that! On Boxing Day, the price's at RM 29.99 and on New Year's Eve, it was also at 29.99. I would had assumed that it would be about RM 299.99 or something, but anything this good would have to be taken. So I booked from the 26th till the 31st of December 2006 for our Phuket trip. Told her the amount of days we're staying there (total amount of 6 days), you should see that look on her face. The look of satisfaction and excitement.
We then checked around for hotel prices and found this hotel called Connect Guesthouse. The rooms were okay and price was reasonable for the amount of days we're staying as well (price was at 1750 THB per night). Plus, it was located somewhere in the middle of everything that we wanted to do (most of it, though, others would have to be done via public transportation). Everything had been booked and settled a month before we wanted to travel, so, we're all set for this trip.
Ashley found some really cool activities such as:
Now, to the report that you have been wanting to read.
Before I tell you more about what happened on the first day, let me bring you back to the time when all she wanted for Christmas was to travel overseas. Ashley was very happy the night before and apparently, she was "too excited that she couldn't sleep." It was, her first time traveling overseas, after all. She had pestered a few times in the previous months saying that she would like to travel overseas, as she has never done that before. So I told her, "If you have gotten an international passport, we could go for a holiday." Next thing I knew was she went and did her international passport and told me that she is ready to go for a holiday overseas.
So, we planned a little and she said that she would like to go to Phuket for a short trip. So I said yes, and kept it kinda *hush hush* for a bit and checked out where we should stay and such, then checked on the prices for our air ticket. I hinted to her that going to Phuket would be fun and such, and you know what happened? She told me that she's been checking up on the accommodations, activities that we should try and do, and such.
So, I did one final check on the flight ticket prices and found that for Air Asia, they had this really low price flight ticket on the 26th for only RM 29.99, so I booked on that flight, then I kept searching throughout the dates till the end of the month. Other prices from the 27th till the 30th were at RM 199.99 and it was not what I would like, but if I do not have a choice, I would have to book that. So, as I checked the 31st of December, I found that it was at the same low price of RM 29.99. Imagine that! On Boxing Day, the price's at RM 29.99 and on New Year's Eve, it was also at 29.99. I would had assumed that it would be about RM 299.99 or something, but anything this good would have to be taken. So I booked from the 26th till the 31st of December 2006 for our Phuket trip. Told her the amount of days we're staying there (total amount of 6 days), you should see that look on her face. The look of satisfaction and excitement.
We then checked around for hotel prices and found this hotel called Connect Guesthouse. The rooms were okay and price was reasonable for the amount of days we're staying as well (price was at 1750 THB per night). Plus, it was located somewhere in the middle of everything that we wanted to do (most of it, though, others would have to be done via public transportation). Everything had been booked and settled a month before we wanted to travel, so, we're all set for this trip.
Ashley found some really cool activities such as:
- John Gray's Sea Canoe
- ATV in Phuket
- Parasailing
- Elephant Rehab Centre
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- Simon Cabaret Show
- Thai Massage
- Bungy Jump
Now, to the report that you have been wanting to read.
Labels: Vacation



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home