Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Phuket Trip Report - Day 2

Day 2 (27th December 2006)

We woke quite early today. Had a quick shower and then we went downstairs for our breakfast. We had an American Breakfast today that comprises of egg (choices are Omelette's, Fried or Scrambled), sausages, bacon, potatoes and toast, complimenting with a glass of orange juice, coffee or tea. I do not like having eggs for breakfast but I still ordered omelet, so I gave mine over to Ashley cause she said that she'll eat them. In the end, she got really bloated that she couldn't eat anymore, so I helped her to finish what's leftover, other than the omelet.

After our "heavy breakfast," we went out for a walk, just so that Ashley gets a glimpse of everything before they open and so that we can familiarize ourselves with the area. We walked about, headed towards the beach and saw a few things that we would like to do, but we're gonna KIV it for the time being and wait for a better time before we did those.

Then we walked about, checking out the optical shops that can be found near our area. How wrong we are! There are like these few shop names, such as Beautiful Optical, Top Charoen, KT Optics, P&P Optics, Euro Optics, that are around our area and they have many branches located all over Patong Beach. At almost any corner that you turn, you'll definitely see an optical shop, so we decided to try our luck to see if we can get good prices for a new pair of glasses each. We first tried this shop called "Beautiful Optical", and as soon as we walked in the shop, we were greeted by two Thai girls, promoting the different types of frames that they have. I asked what is the best price that they can give me, and their answer was very simple, "All frames at 50% discount." I was very impressed at that remark and found it to be very true, so I looked around for a really good frame to make my new specs. Ashley looked around too but couldn't find anything nice. I had second thoughts as there are still so many other optical shops nearby, I might as well try and see what is the best price the others can offer me. So, I told them that I'll think about it but get back to them by today. Then I checked out the next optical shop that's nearby called "Top Charoen Optical" and they too have discounts starting from 30% - 60% but, in my opinion, I do not find the ranges of frames that they have impress me, so I continued on and found "KT Optic" but they do not have any best rates or discount, although they do have really nice frames, especially the titanium ones that I'm looking for. In the end, I checked the other stores (P&P Optics and Euro Optics), found that they do not have any discounts. Well, I've already made a booking with Beautiful Optical and I'm going to finalize that deal that I've gotten from them. Ashley followed me into Beautiful Optical and she finally found something that she likes, and we got a really wonderful discount and price on both our new glasses.

We also visited this new shopping complex called "Jungceylon" that just opened recently on December 5th 2006. The shopping complex is huge plus it has got quite a lot of nice things to see. Though not that many shops are opened yet, but the whole area does look magnificent.

After seeing the new shopping mall, we went over to a place called OTOP (known as One Tambon One Product). You can basically see all of the same things being sold at each of the shops; e.g. if one shop sells Billabong clothings (shirts and pants), you'll definitely see other shops selling the same products. It's a good time to bargain for clothings as well. I bought 2 pair of short pants and 2 sleeveless t-shirts there.

After buying these extra clothings, we got back to our hotel and bathed then we changed and got ready for our first tour in Phuket. We were going to head to the "Phuket Fantasea" show, located on another beach location. The trip there takes about 30 minutes - 45 minutes, and being very tired after the long walk before, I fell asleep on the way there. Once we reached our destination, we were met with a lot of people.

Pictures shown later will show you some of the exciting things that we saw, and *hint hint* some extra stuffs as well. Just try and check out the pictures.

We had a buffet dinner and they have 5 special dishes, namely, the Roast Beef, Roast Duck, Fish Ball Noodle and Japanese Sushi and Hakka Beef Noodle. Didn't take any pictures of the food we ate cause I was too hungry to think of taking pictures of these delicacies. You'll have to go for this tour to find out more about the food.

The Fantasea show was excellent with the pyrotechnics, and magic shows. For more information, you'll have to check out the website that I've provided above, or you can click here as well.

P.S. For better view and stuff, pay an additional of 250 Baht to get the gold seating. It's a guarantee that you'll not miss a single action! You wouldn't regret it at all.

After the show ended, we all adjourned back to our respective hotels. On the way back, I wasn't as tired as I was earlier.

And this ends the 2nd day of our trip in Phuket.

Day 2 (27th December 2006)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home