Canon EOS 350D has arrived!
My camera has finally arrived today. It's such a happy moment. I have never been so excited in my life. I've been waiting for this for the past few weeks, and now it's a dream come true!!!
It has almost everything that I wanted (Actually everything that's been described in many websites that talks about this camera). I'm just so happy!
But, before I go into how happy I am, let me tell you guys what actually happened before I got my camera. Last nite I was so happy to receive a notice that I will be getting my camera tomorrow (which is today), the happiest moment of my life. I could almost stay awake the whole time until it arrived. However, morning came and I got a call from a friend of mine who's getting me the camera. He gave me the bad news saying that the price that I had paid for the camera is insufficient as other parties are getting it at a slightly higher price, therefore, the order has been cancelled! The shock of my life! I told him that even if it is raised, I don't mind paying the extras. But, when he called in to re-order the order, there's a waiting status of 1 working day, which meant that I would need to wait till monday to get my camera. It was a devastating moment as I felt my dream not becoming a reality today.
So, I texted a friend of mine, saying that I'll not be getting my camera and that it'll take till monday to get it. So, he gave word around, trying to get my camera at the best price and stuff. Around 3pm, he called me and said that he is able to get what I want and I am to meet him after work. So, around 5 plus, I'm already at his work place, waiting for him to finish work. Then we went off to see this "person" who's able to give me the Canon EOS 350D at the price that I had originally wanted. Traffic was hell... We've been stuck for about half hour - 45 minutes. Time's running really fast as the shop closes at about 8pm. It's a good thing that we reached the shop at 7 plus. Saw the person and my camera (still in the box!). Took everything out and tested it. It was superb. Then Desmond (the person who sold me my 350D) told me to take the receipts to claim my tele lens (the 90-300mm lens) from any Canon Concept Store (There's only 2, by the way. One in KLCC and the other in MidValley Megamall). Gave him the money and just played around with my camera.
Then we left his shop and travelled to MidValley. Traffic again, was hell. I have no idea why there is so many cars out on a Friday night, when everyone's suppose to be either partying/at home already? At about 8.30pm, we reached MidValley and parked his car, then we walked to the concept store. My, those people there are really not that friendly. But I got my 90-300mm lens and tested it for a bit in the shop. Showed my receipts and warranty claims before I can "officially" take the telephoto lens back with me.
Then we had dinner. I had a really wonderful conversation with my god-sister, who shares the same birthday as I do. We actually studied together in the same college, too. She certainly has changed quite a bit. I haven't actually snapped a photo of her, yet. But when I do, I'll post it here.
Well, fun time's over and it's time to hit the road. Time to go back home and rest (for me, charge my camera battery pack so that tomorrow, I would be able to use the camera for a full day.)
Tomorrow will be the official outing for me as an amatuer photographer. With the help of my friends, I am sure that I would be able to capture a lot of good moments and etc. Well, if there is any gatherings or anything, please let me know so that I can keep on learning on this!
It has almost everything that I wanted (Actually everything that's been described in many websites that talks about this camera). I'm just so happy!
But, before I go into how happy I am, let me tell you guys what actually happened before I got my camera. Last nite I was so happy to receive a notice that I will be getting my camera tomorrow (which is today), the happiest moment of my life. I could almost stay awake the whole time until it arrived. However, morning came and I got a call from a friend of mine who's getting me the camera. He gave me the bad news saying that the price that I had paid for the camera is insufficient as other parties are getting it at a slightly higher price, therefore, the order has been cancelled! The shock of my life! I told him that even if it is raised, I don't mind paying the extras. But, when he called in to re-order the order, there's a waiting status of 1 working day, which meant that I would need to wait till monday to get my camera. It was a devastating moment as I felt my dream not becoming a reality today.
So, I texted a friend of mine, saying that I'll not be getting my camera and that it'll take till monday to get it. So, he gave word around, trying to get my camera at the best price and stuff. Around 3pm, he called me and said that he is able to get what I want and I am to meet him after work. So, around 5 plus, I'm already at his work place, waiting for him to finish work. Then we went off to see this "person" who's able to give me the Canon EOS 350D at the price that I had originally wanted. Traffic was hell... We've been stuck for about half hour - 45 minutes. Time's running really fast as the shop closes at about 8pm. It's a good thing that we reached the shop at 7 plus. Saw the person and my camera (still in the box!). Took everything out and tested it. It was superb. Then Desmond (the person who sold me my 350D) told me to take the receipts to claim my tele lens (the 90-300mm lens) from any Canon Concept Store (There's only 2, by the way. One in KLCC and the other in MidValley Megamall). Gave him the money and just played around with my camera.
Then we left his shop and travelled to MidValley. Traffic again, was hell. I have no idea why there is so many cars out on a Friday night, when everyone's suppose to be either partying/at home already? At about 8.30pm, we reached MidValley and parked his car, then we walked to the concept store. My, those people there are really not that friendly. But I got my 90-300mm lens and tested it for a bit in the shop. Showed my receipts and warranty claims before I can "officially" take the telephoto lens back with me.
Then we had dinner. I had a really wonderful conversation with my god-sister, who shares the same birthday as I do. We actually studied together in the same college, too. She certainly has changed quite a bit. I haven't actually snapped a photo of her, yet. But when I do, I'll post it here.
Well, fun time's over and it's time to hit the road. Time to go back home and rest (for me, charge my camera battery pack so that tomorrow, I would be able to use the camera for a full day.)
Tomorrow will be the official outing for me as an amatuer photographer. With the help of my friends, I am sure that I would be able to capture a lot of good moments and etc. Well, if there is any gatherings or anything, please let me know so that I can keep on learning on this!
Labels: Cameras



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home