Camera Show-off
Met up with my friends just about 2 hours ago. One of them has just gotten himself a Nikon D70s with the standard kit lens. However, he has also bought for himself an extra two lenses. One of it is called the big mama as the lens is seriously long and huge (Range's from 200mm to 400mm.) That's a seriously crazy thing. And another is just an extension, about 75mm to about 200mm, not. That my friend, is really something to see. Too bad I haven't gotten my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, aka Canon EOS 350D. If I had, I bet both of us would be showing off our cameras.

This is the camera that my friend has gotten for himself.
It's a cool camera, really nice and stuff. But I already have 2 friends using Nikon. One would be him and another is holding a Nikon D200, with a "better" variety of lenses (I think he has gotten the 18mm-400mm lens, costing up to about RM 4k?). I'm seriously impressed with my friends. All their "poison" is not seeping deeper into my bloodstream.
They advised me to have these few:
1. 90mm - 300mm (tele lens)
2. 10mm - 20mm (wide lens)
3. Speedlight (Canon 580EX)
4. Battery grip
5. 2GB CF card
6. A camera bag
All in all, would cost me about RM 5k - RM 6k in due time. Camera itself is about RM 2.9k. If include a good tripod, the cost might come up to about RM 6.5k to RM 7.5k, depending on the material of the tripod. Such expenses is to be incurred on getting such cameras. This is only the standard accessories that I would need. If I want to master in anything else, I would need to spend more than 6.5k. Maybe close to about 80k before I have the full set of lenses, tripod, monopod, a new body?
Again, I wish all the best to me so that I don't spend too much. I have a lot of things to plan for and buying accessories for camera will have to be placed last.
Well, once I get my Canon EOS 350D, I don't think I'll ever have time on my own. They have already made plans that once I get my camera, on the 3oth of August 2006, we will be going up to Genting Highlands to take pictures of the fireworks (31st is Malaysia's Independence Day). I guess the rest of the year, my photography life will be basically planned by them. :) At least I'm putting my camera to use and learning more about it. Who knows? I might be able to sell some of my works, if it turns out right. :)
They advised me to have these few:
1. 90mm - 300mm (tele lens)
2. 10mm - 20mm (wide lens)
3. Speedlight (Canon 580EX)
4. Battery grip
5. 2GB CF card
6. A camera bag
All in all, would cost me about RM 5k - RM 6k in due time. Camera itself is about RM 2.9k. If include a good tripod, the cost might come up to about RM 6.5k to RM 7.5k, depending on the material of the tripod. Such expenses is to be incurred on getting such cameras. This is only the standard accessories that I would need. If I want to master in anything else, I would need to spend more than 6.5k. Maybe close to about 80k before I have the full set of lenses, tripod, monopod, a new body?
Again, I wish all the best to me so that I don't spend too much. I have a lot of things to plan for and buying accessories for camera will have to be placed last.
Well, once I get my Canon EOS 350D, I don't think I'll ever have time on my own. They have already made plans that once I get my camera, on the 3oth of August 2006, we will be going up to Genting Highlands to take pictures of the fireworks (31st is Malaysia's Independence Day). I guess the rest of the year, my photography life will be basically planned by them. :) At least I'm putting my camera to use and learning more about it. Who knows? I might be able to sell some of my works, if it turns out right. :)
Labels: Cameras



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home