Phuket Trip Report - Day 4
Day 4 (29th December 2006)
The 4th day of our travel arrived. This morning, we had our same breakfast, but Ashley decided to try fried egg instead of the normal omelet that she takes. I took the American breakfast as well and ordered the same omelet. However today was slightly different. I added a huge amount of black pepper to cover most of the taste of the egg and I ate all of it up. At least I didn't make Ashley eat it up. I'm worried about her cholestrol level. Everyday, for the past 3 days, we've been having a lot of eggs, and she's been eating a lot of it especially from my side.
We had very little things to do this morning as our tour was planned in the afternoon, so we rested a little bit more before we went back to the tour agent that we booked the tour with. (We had to go back to her cause the bus stops just right in front of her stall)
The itinerary for today is as follows:
12:00 - 12:30 Pick-up and sightseeing by bus
14:00 Visit Monkey Cave Temple
15:00 Explore Phang-Nga Bay by longtail boat
15:45 Visit James Bond Island
16:30 See Koh Pannyi, a "sea gypsy" fishing village
18:00 Leave pier for Phuket
19:30 Arrive at Patong, Karon and Kata
The bus came on time and according to the tour guide, Sapa, he said that our trip to the first itinerary will take an hour or so before we reached the destination. So we relaxed and enjoyed the scenery. Halfway through the ride, a James Bond movie was playing. Title of the movie : Ian Fleming's The Man with the Golden Gun. It's a really old movie but quite a good movie to watch as well. It kinda fitted the purpose of watching the movie. Why? Because later in the itinerary, we would be going to the infamous James Bond Island, which was used to film as the headquarters of the villian, Francisco Scaramanga. If you have watched this movie, you should join this tour as well.
Our first stop was at the Monkey Cave Temple, also known Wat Suwankuha, a lot of monkeys to be seen everywhere. There are also a lot of buddha images around the inside of the temple.
After our trip to Wat Suwankuha, we then proceed on to our next programme: Explore Phang-Nga Bay by longtail boat. We arrived at this area where there are quite a lot of long boats. We were each given a life vest and a plastic bag to put our precious belongings so that they do not get drenched in the sea water. I do not have to worry so much cause I bought this waterproof bag that I use to store my camera (didn't bring my lowepro out today cause it's too bulky plus not really THAT waterproof), plus, I can put a lot of other things inside as well.
The trip around Phang-Nga Bay was excellent. Nice wind blowing through your hair, occassional sea water splashing into the longtail boat, lots of pictures taken of blurry mountains, and such. It was a really nice 45 minutes ride and we finally arrived at James Bond Island. A walk around the area and we found that there's no such thing as a doorway to a secret lab or solar panels coming out from the "mushroom-like" rock.
Ashley had the time of her life picking sea-shells, her favourite pasttime whenever we visit beaches and sorts. Soon, we are on our way to the next programme: See Koh Pannyi, a "sea gypsy" fishing village. This fishing village comprises of Thai-Muslims and they live on the sea, with their houses built on wooden and cement stilts. Currently there are about 1,500 villagers living in this village. We stopped here for a while to eat our late lunch. And again, being a hungry ghost as always, I always forget to take pictures of the food that we ate. But I can tell you what we ate: Crab Fried Rice. It's really nice with all the crab meats and such.
After that we headed back to land and we're on our way back home. We continued our movie as they had stopped it when we reached the jetty. Once we passed our life vest back to the owner of the shop, we were on our way back to our hotels. Ashley and I dropped our stuffs in our room, took my camera out and we headed off to Bangla Road, the infamous road for bars and ladyboys. We went to the optical shop that took our orders and found that the specs that we ordered are ready for collection. That's pretty fast. However, my glasses had a slight problem as the axis of my left eye was lesser by 5 degrees. I had blurry vision on my left eye but my right eye was not having any problem at all. So I had to leave it there again for another few days. I hope I get it back on time before I leave Phuket.
We then went walking around, trying to look for a massage parlour. We found this particular parlour that was recommended by a lot of members of this particular forum that Ashley joined. Well, it was a really nice massage, although I should have gone for the 2 hour treatment. I went for a full Thai body massage whereas Ashley went for the Oil Massage, which was less painful than the one I went for. I told her to specifically go for the Oil Massage and they normally would use massage oil and slowly rub your entire body. She enjoyed the oil massage and she also did experience a little bit of the Thai Massage that I was enjoying. Heh. After that, we felt so refreshed and we didn't feel any muscle strains. After this lovely massage, we finally got back to our hotel and we slept.
And that's all I have for Day 4.
The 4th day of our travel arrived. This morning, we had our same breakfast, but Ashley decided to try fried egg instead of the normal omelet that she takes. I took the American breakfast as well and ordered the same omelet. However today was slightly different. I added a huge amount of black pepper to cover most of the taste of the egg and I ate all of it up. At least I didn't make Ashley eat it up. I'm worried about her cholestrol level. Everyday, for the past 3 days, we've been having a lot of eggs, and she's been eating a lot of it especially from my side.
We had very little things to do this morning as our tour was planned in the afternoon, so we rested a little bit more before we went back to the tour agent that we booked the tour with. (We had to go back to her cause the bus stops just right in front of her stall)
The itinerary for today is as follows:
12:00 - 12:30 Pick-up and sightseeing by bus
14:00 Visit Monkey Cave Temple
15:00 Explore Phang-Nga Bay by longtail boat
15:45 Visit James Bond Island
16:30 See Koh Pannyi, a "sea gypsy" fishing village
18:00 Leave pier for Phuket
19:30 Arrive at Patong, Karon and Kata
The bus came on time and according to the tour guide, Sapa, he said that our trip to the first itinerary will take an hour or so before we reached the destination. So we relaxed and enjoyed the scenery. Halfway through the ride, a James Bond movie was playing. Title of the movie : Ian Fleming's The Man with the Golden Gun. It's a really old movie but quite a good movie to watch as well. It kinda fitted the purpose of watching the movie. Why? Because later in the itinerary, we would be going to the infamous James Bond Island, which was used to film as the headquarters of the villian, Francisco Scaramanga. If you have watched this movie, you should join this tour as well.
Our first stop was at the Monkey Cave Temple, also known Wat Suwankuha, a lot of monkeys to be seen everywhere. There are also a lot of buddha images around the inside of the temple.
After our trip to Wat Suwankuha, we then proceed on to our next programme: Explore Phang-Nga Bay by longtail boat. We arrived at this area where there are quite a lot of long boats. We were each given a life vest and a plastic bag to put our precious belongings so that they do not get drenched in the sea water. I do not have to worry so much cause I bought this waterproof bag that I use to store my camera (didn't bring my lowepro out today cause it's too bulky plus not really THAT waterproof), plus, I can put a lot of other things inside as well.
The trip around Phang-Nga Bay was excellent. Nice wind blowing through your hair, occassional sea water splashing into the longtail boat, lots of pictures taken of blurry mountains, and such. It was a really nice 45 minutes ride and we finally arrived at James Bond Island. A walk around the area and we found that there's no such thing as a doorway to a secret lab or solar panels coming out from the "mushroom-like" rock.
Ashley had the time of her life picking sea-shells, her favourite pasttime whenever we visit beaches and sorts. Soon, we are on our way to the next programme: See Koh Pannyi, a "sea gypsy" fishing village. This fishing village comprises of Thai-Muslims and they live on the sea, with their houses built on wooden and cement stilts. Currently there are about 1,500 villagers living in this village. We stopped here for a while to eat our late lunch. And again, being a hungry ghost as always, I always forget to take pictures of the food that we ate. But I can tell you what we ate: Crab Fried Rice. It's really nice with all the crab meats and such.
After that we headed back to land and we're on our way back home. We continued our movie as they had stopped it when we reached the jetty. Once we passed our life vest back to the owner of the shop, we were on our way back to our hotels. Ashley and I dropped our stuffs in our room, took my camera out and we headed off to Bangla Road, the infamous road for bars and ladyboys. We went to the optical shop that took our orders and found that the specs that we ordered are ready for collection. That's pretty fast. However, my glasses had a slight problem as the axis of my left eye was lesser by 5 degrees. I had blurry vision on my left eye but my right eye was not having any problem at all. So I had to leave it there again for another few days. I hope I get it back on time before I leave Phuket.
We then went walking around, trying to look for a massage parlour. We found this particular parlour that was recommended by a lot of members of this particular forum that Ashley joined. Well, it was a really nice massage, although I should have gone for the 2 hour treatment. I went for a full Thai body massage whereas Ashley went for the Oil Massage, which was less painful than the one I went for. I told her to specifically go for the Oil Massage and they normally would use massage oil and slowly rub your entire body. She enjoyed the oil massage and she also did experience a little bit of the Thai Massage that I was enjoying. Heh. After that, we felt so refreshed and we didn't feel any muscle strains. After this lovely massage, we finally got back to our hotel and we slept.
And that's all I have for Day 4.
Labels: Vacation





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home