Phuket Trip Report - Day 5
Day 5 (30th December 2006)
Today is yet another day of our holiday in Phuket. This time, we did not have any tours planned for today. Rest and Relaxation day for us today, so Ashley decided to go for a bus ride to Phuket town for a "look see look see" instead of just staying around Patong Beach (we've somehow ventured towards almost every nook and cranny in Patong Beach and she finds it pretty boring to do the same thing again).
So, we went around looking for a bus stop and when a bus came, we just went on it. It's a pretty simple bus, there's only 1 row of seat and they are on the left and right of the bus and if there are a lot of people on the bus, they would have this middle row of seats appearing. And if there are no more seats, they would have to stand. It a really nice sight to see. And the best part is from Patong Beach to Phuket town, you'll have to climb up hills and go down hills, which is really steep and windy. It's an amazing thing that buses, trucks, cars and such are able to go on these hills without any problem.
It was about a half hour to 45 minutes ride from Patong to Phuket Town, but we didn't know where to go so we followed the majority of them. They were heading towards Central Festival Phuket, so we went there as well.
It's this huge shopping mall, and it's filled with lots of stuffs. They have a cinema, a few fast food restaurants, a lot of clothing shops, some digital accessory shops and etc. You'll have to go there to find out what else they have. I'm just amazed at the new taste that each of the fast food restaurants have. At burger king, they have the normal Whooper meal, right? I'm sure they have the Double Whooper as well. In Thailand, as far as Burger King is involved, they have a TRIPLE WHOOPER! It's really huge and they also have this new ensemble: Bacon Double Cheeseburger! You cannot find this in KL. Same goes for Singapore (sorry for the sudden shift). They have this Turkey Double Bacon burger and also a Rendang Burger, which you also cannot find in KL. I didn't try out the Whooper meal cause it was just too big. Heh. But I did go for the Bacon Double Cheeseburger and it is excellent! You should try this and also try the Turkey Double Bacon if you can.
After spending a few hours, looking at bikinis (Ashley wanted to buy but in the end, she forgo that decision), sporting materials (yoga clothings, workout shirts), we decided to head back to Patong. When we reached back to Patong, she suddenly said that she would like to go parasailing. Remember the itinerary that she wanted?
So, since we were unable to do some of those, she would like to make sure that she's gone parasailing, so we did just that. After our parasailing moment (it is AWESOME! but very tiring for your arms), the person that took us on for the parasailing, recommended we try other stuffs that they offer, e.g. jet ski, wakeboarding, banana boat, and this thing called the Awana (not sure if this is the spelling and name for it). The Awana sounded really fun so Ashley and I decided to go for it. It was really fun. That I can tell you honestly, but very arm tiring as well. You have to hold on for your very lives as the boat tugs you for a REALLY HUGE round. Hitting the waves, almost toppling over was really fun. But once we came up to the shore, Ashley couldn't even walk straight. I think she got ocean sickness. I think the next round if we are ever around in Patong again, I'm gonna try the jet ski. Didn't have enough time to do that.
Anyway, after our rendezvous at the beach, we went back to our hotel to freshen up and went out for dinner at this really nice restaurant called Number 6. Price is cheap, and food is great! You should go there as well.
I was supposed to get my glasses back today (they had to get a new lens for my specs as they made a mistake previously on one of the lenses, but they said that they can only get it by tomorrow, so I waited yet another time)
Well, after dinner, she wanted to go for another round of massage. I told her that I would like to go for a foot massage. You know what she told me? "Anything that you're doing, I wanna do as well". So I said, "If I'm doing a manicure and pedicure?" Guess her answer.
So we went back to the Massage parlor that we had gone yesterday. However, they were packed and told us to come back within half hour. We did just that and when we came back, there were 2 seats just for us then. I told them I wanted to have a manicure and pedicure, then the owner of the place said, "Go for our foot massage as well before your manicure and pedicure." I agreed to that and we had a really fun time.
After our manicure & pedicure session, Ashley got a sudden gastric problem, so I went looking for some sandwiches for her to eat before she goes off to bed.
And that ends our 5th day in Phuket.
Today is yet another day of our holiday in Phuket. This time, we did not have any tours planned for today. Rest and Relaxation day for us today, so Ashley decided to go for a bus ride to Phuket town for a "look see look see" instead of just staying around Patong Beach (we've somehow ventured towards almost every nook and cranny in Patong Beach and she finds it pretty boring to do the same thing again).
So, we went around looking for a bus stop and when a bus came, we just went on it. It's a pretty simple bus, there's only 1 row of seat and they are on the left and right of the bus and if there are a lot of people on the bus, they would have this middle row of seats appearing. And if there are no more seats, they would have to stand. It a really nice sight to see. And the best part is from Patong Beach to Phuket town, you'll have to climb up hills and go down hills, which is really steep and windy. It's an amazing thing that buses, trucks, cars and such are able to go on these hills without any problem.
It was about a half hour to 45 minutes ride from Patong to Phuket Town, but we didn't know where to go so we followed the majority of them. They were heading towards Central Festival Phuket, so we went there as well.
It's this huge shopping mall, and it's filled with lots of stuffs. They have a cinema, a few fast food restaurants, a lot of clothing shops, some digital accessory shops and etc. You'll have to go there to find out what else they have. I'm just amazed at the new taste that each of the fast food restaurants have. At burger king, they have the normal Whooper meal, right? I'm sure they have the Double Whooper as well. In Thailand, as far as Burger King is involved, they have a TRIPLE WHOOPER! It's really huge and they also have this new ensemble: Bacon Double Cheeseburger! You cannot find this in KL. Same goes for Singapore (sorry for the sudden shift). They have this Turkey Double Bacon burger and also a Rendang Burger, which you also cannot find in KL. I didn't try out the Whooper meal cause it was just too big. Heh. But I did go for the Bacon Double Cheeseburger and it is excellent! You should try this and also try the Turkey Double Bacon if you can.
After spending a few hours, looking at bikinis (Ashley wanted to buy but in the end, she forgo that decision), sporting materials (yoga clothings, workout shirts), we decided to head back to Patong. When we reached back to Patong, she suddenly said that she would like to go parasailing. Remember the itinerary that she wanted?
- John Gray's Sea Canoe
- ATV in Phuket
- Parasailing
- Elephant Rehab Centre
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- Simon Cabaret Show
- Thai Massage
- Bungy Jump
So, since we were unable to do some of those, she would like to make sure that she's gone parasailing, so we did just that. After our parasailing moment (it is AWESOME! but very tiring for your arms), the person that took us on for the parasailing, recommended we try other stuffs that they offer, e.g. jet ski, wakeboarding, banana boat, and this thing called the Awana (not sure if this is the spelling and name for it). The Awana sounded really fun so Ashley and I decided to go for it. It was really fun. That I can tell you honestly, but very arm tiring as well. You have to hold on for your very lives as the boat tugs you for a REALLY HUGE round. Hitting the waves, almost toppling over was really fun. But once we came up to the shore, Ashley couldn't even walk straight. I think she got ocean sickness. I think the next round if we are ever around in Patong again, I'm gonna try the jet ski. Didn't have enough time to do that.
Anyway, after our rendezvous at the beach, we went back to our hotel to freshen up and went out for dinner at this really nice restaurant called Number 6. Price is cheap, and food is great! You should go there as well.
I was supposed to get my glasses back today (they had to get a new lens for my specs as they made a mistake previously on one of the lenses, but they said that they can only get it by tomorrow, so I waited yet another time)
Well, after dinner, she wanted to go for another round of massage. I told her that I would like to go for a foot massage. You know what she told me? "Anything that you're doing, I wanna do as well". So I said, "If I'm doing a manicure and pedicure?" Guess her answer.
So we went back to the Massage parlor that we had gone yesterday. However, they were packed and told us to come back within half hour. We did just that and when we came back, there were 2 seats just for us then. I told them I wanted to have a manicure and pedicure, then the owner of the place said, "Go for our foot massage as well before your manicure and pedicure." I agreed to that and we had a really fun time.
After our manicure & pedicure session, Ashley got a sudden gastric problem, so I went looking for some sandwiches for her to eat before she goes off to bed.
And that ends our 5th day in Phuket.
Labels: Vacation





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home